Multi-award winning Tasmanian cheeses
Wicked Cheese is a boutique cheesemaker, based in Richmond, Tasmania.
Wicked Cheese has emerged, in a few short years, to gain recognition as one of the most impressive, high quality, hand-made cheese ranges in Australia. Wicked Cheese Triple Cream Brie was awarded the Supreme Cheese Champion Trophy at the 2008 Royal Melbourne Show, and Wicked Cheese Brie was awarded the trophy for Best White Mould Cheese at the 2010 Australian Grand Dairy Awards.
There are two reasons why Wicked Cheese has gained the reputation and recognition that it has. Ashley McCoy is highly experienced and qualified, and he meticulously attends to his craft. Secondly, he uses only the purest hormone-free and chemical-free milk from grass-fed cows.
Wicked Cheese ... the secret is out.
Visit the Wicked Cheese factory direct outlet at Richmond. There you will find:
- Tasting and sales of the Wicked Cheese and Richmond Cheese product ranges, at factory prices
- Viewing windows onto the cheese room where the cheese is made
- Our licensed café where you can enjoy a light lunch or snack
(see Café Food Menu » and Drinks Menu »)
- A range of other Tasmanian cheeses and gourmet products, including locally grown olive oil, Tasmania Whisky (the same one we use in our Marinated Whisky Cheddar), and locally produced Fruit pastes.
Take your tastebuds on a Wicked journey ...
1238 Richmond Rd, Richmond ~ Open 7 days a week 10am - 4:30pm ~ Image Gallery »
- The skill of
- Ashley McCoy was chief cheesemaker at the world famous King Island Dairies. Now his cheeses have to be even better – they carry his name.
- The quality of
- The finest quality cheese starts with the finest quality milk. There is nothing purer than the milk that goes into the Wicked Cheese ranges.