Multi-award winning Tasmanian cheeses
Wicked Cheese is a family owned boutique cheese maker, based in Richmond, Tasmania.
Wicked Cheese has emerged, in a few short years, to gain recognition as one of the most impressive, high quality, hand-made cheese ranges in Australia. Wicked Cheese Triple Cream Brie was awarded the Best at the 2008 Royal Melbourne Show, Wicked Cheese Brie was awarded Best White Mould Cheese in Australia at the 2010 Australian Grand Dairy Awards. In addition Wicked Cheddar has won Best Cheddar in show at Royal Melbourne in 2013.
Wicked cheese also won champion cheese at Royal Hobart in 2014 and 2015.
In 2014 Wicked also started making cheese from goat’s milk with great success winning best goat cheese in show 2 years running at Royal Hobart. In 2015 the Goats Blue cheese also won best overall exhibit in all show categories.
Wicked Cheese ... the secret is out.
Visit the Wicked Cheese factory direct outlet at Richmond. There you will find:
- Tasting and sales of the Wicked Cheese and Richmond Cheese product ranges, at factory prices
- Viewing windows onto the cheese room where the cheese is made
- Our licensed café where you can enjoy a light lunch or snack
(see Café Food Menu » and Drinks Menu »)
- A range of other Tasmanian cheeses and gourmet products, including locally grown olive oil, Tasmania Whisky (the same one we use in our Marinated Whisky Cheddar), and locally produced Fruit pastes.
Take your tastebuds on a Wicked journey ...
1238 Richmond Rd, Richmond ~ Open 7 days a week 10am - 4:30pm ~ Image Gallery »
- The skill of
- Ashley McCoy was chief cheesemaker at the world famous King Island Dairies. Now his cheeses have to be even better – they carry his name.
- The quality of
- The finest quality cheese starts with the finest quality milk. There is nothing purer than the milk that goes into the Wicked Cheese ranges.